About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I guess this is technically the middle of the weekend since I have, with most of America, have Monday off.  

I spent all of yesterday cleaning my apartment and doing laundry. I did manage to make dinner for all of us. I cleaned the refrigerator, literally. I cleaned the shelves and it looks so much better in there now.  Of course, I have no pictures, because I just realized that the battery on my camera died. So I'm charging it now. And trying to get some motivation to get up and get the day going.  Yesterday, I got up and got moving at 8a. YES, on a Saturday. I was really determined to get all of the cleaning done, and I did. That includes cleaning the baseboards and dusting everything. I even took apart the burners on the stove.  So when it was all said and done, I spent the evening with the Sopranos. I'm almost done with Season 3. I've saw the last couple of seasons so it's been very enjoyable watching it from the beginning.  

Today on tap: I have several errands to run. Including returning the Hydroxycut that I bought and has since been recalled. Dropping off a bunch of stuff at Goodwill and doing some shopping. Not too much, because I'm trying to eat my cabinets bare. That is going to make for some interesting meal's I'm sure. I will replenish the perishables, once I've finished what I have.  right now I have ff yogurt, ff ricotta, a block of tempeh, mango cut up, cantaloupe cut up , a pear, four apples, carrots, spaghetti squash,  applesauce, 3 eggs, some onions, a sweet potato,  a tomato, and four ears of corn.  I'm thinking that I'll mix in the mango w/some granola and yogurt for lunch.  I'll conjure up something with this I'm sure. I've got some frozen items as well as a plethora of grains and beans, so it shouldn't be too hard to use this up. Once all the fresh veggies are gone, I'll get more.

I'm not sure if I'll see DBF this weekend. He's made no mention of coming over, and honestly I waver between being annoyed and being insecure.  I will not be asking or bringing it up. He needs his space to process, he can have it. I just need to move on and do my own thing. It seems that I seem to have this happen a lot to me. Although, he is there in a lot of ways that no one else has been, but I'm not sure what's going on with him and I've tried to discuss it with him. He says he likes where we are now, and he's involved the children so I can imagine that he is sincere in what he is saying. BUT, at the same time, I can't help but wonder why he's pulling away somewhat after being so accessible.  The other thing that concerns me, is damn, I truly like his children. Historically, I haven't cared for the children of men that I've dated.  I've tolerated them. That sounds cruel or mean I know, but it's the truth. I'm not a kids person, even to my own sometimes.  But his kids, yea, they're awesome.  So I truly hope that I'm just being insecure and that everything is going along the way it should be.

I'm still pissed that there has been no effort to come and see me on a this long weekend, particularly when he does not have the children and it would be very easy for him to come over. No worries though, I have plenty of things to do on my own. I have my own life, it'd just be nice to do some of those things with him.

My eating last night sucked ass. I had potato chips while I was watching the Sopranos. I counted them, I decided to do points for a week.  Since I started my week on Friday, I should be ok. If I stick to it, which I haven't been able to do up to this point.

My breakfast today was yummy. I sauteed 1/2 a sweet potato and a couple of purple ones that I had left, threw in some leftover peas, an egg and a slice of provolone. Sliced a tomato and had a couple of slices on top of it. It was good and I'm satisfied. Not past, so I'm hoping to hold out for lunch until at least 2p or so.  

I've got to figure out what to do with that Ricotta.

No comments: