About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Please make the pounding stop

I haven't been able to take the light from the computer monitor since Sunday. For some reason all of my lymph nodes along my neck and head are swollen and extremely painful to the touch. They are also causing extreme pounding in my head every time I move my head. EVERY.TIME.

Which had me literally in bed all day sunday and Monday.  Monday's Dr appointment was less than enlightening as she said, hmm, you have an infection, but I don't know from what, so here's a Z Pak, go get blood work, throat culture and some Motrin. Really???? That's it? I guess I have higher expectations of the medical community than I should.  I think I've been watching far too much Grey's and ER. So I did what she said. Now, I'm on two antibiotics. This should be a fun week.  My eating has been sporadic at best since I feel like vomiting most of the time due to the med's I've pretty much been forcing myself to eat whatever.

Yesterdays breakfast was a bagel in order to get the medicine down. That pretty much summed up my meals for the day except for some wonton soup that seemed to hit the spot. I took my other pills with some roasted potatoes that my grandmother sent over. Add a handful of goldfish to this and that's what I had to eat yesterday. No pictures, because really, none of that is worthy of a picture. I feel so poorly that I don't even want my beloved coffee or diet coke. Seriously.  This is bad dudes.

I finally can hold my eyes open with the top of my head feeling like it's going to blow off, so I had a iced coffee from Starbucks after I took the eldest DS to school.  And now I'm back on the couch in my sweat suit (I'm freezing for some reason). The metal taste in my mouth is more than welcome to leave at any given time today. Hopefully by the end of the day.

DBF is coming over tonight, probably to stay the night not sure yet, as he has business in town.  Of course, he was concerned about getting my "illness" Which I then called the Dr to see if I'm contagious. Uh, that's a negative ya big baby.  Anyway, I'm glad I called because I definitely don't want to get the kids sick.  This is a quasi food blog and I'm tempted to not discuss DBF but since I think I have all of two followers I will feel free to go ahead and discuss.  Not know, though as the light is beginning to hurt my eyeballs.

I don't have my camera today as it's at my aunt's. She is making a CD of all of Tony's (DS) prom pictures. No, I don't really call him Tony, he is and always will be Anthony to me. But he prefers that I refer to him as Tony so people know who I'm talking about. BAER to the attention hoor. I wonder where he gets it from. :-)