About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

well, dinner was a blow out

uh, which means it was non-existent. I can't do that I know. I had a bagel this morning for breakfast and a banana. Work was a little on the quiet side and by noon I was very hungry. I know that a bagel and a banana does not hold me, and yet I keep eating the bagel at Nanny's in the morning. I need to just not do it. Don't go into the kitchen, but yet I keep doing it.

I've been reading this book and I'm almost done with it




It is one of those books. It has made me think of things and realize things I hadn't thought of in a long time. It also makes me want to read all of the classics I somehow missed.

I was starving for lunch and I had a Big Salad


with lots of veggies, artichoke hearts, edamame, cranberries, sunflower sees, faux crab and a couple of crackers. I caved and had a 200 calorie Kit Kat bar and then went to the Dr.'s office immediately after work. It was a squeeze in appointment and when I got to the office the nurse there was leaving and said, oh no, he's at the Pines office. So I took off to go to the Pines office and made it in time. By the time I got to Nanny's house I was hungry. And here is where the problem starts.

She had popcorn shrimp there for me (about 250 calories worth) and then of course I had a small piece of bread and then when I got home I had some saltines crackers. None of it photographed. And of course, due to me getting home late and not feeling well, I didn't do any work.

Ugh. Therein lies my problem. I knew I couldn't and wouldn't have time for exercise, so I tried to limit my food intake and then in the end wound up probably eating more calories than I would have if I would have just eaten dinner. I perhaps need to remember this.

I'm going to bed early, watching Biggest Loser Finale and hope to be feeling better in the morning.

No comments: