About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

New Perspective

I went to boot camp this morning.  I didn't feel like doing it, to be quite honest and the only thing that gave me the motivation to go was that I knew Debbie was going because I was going and that I didn't want to let her down.

Well, I'm certainly glad I went.

I hadn't worked out in quiet awhile, like a month. And I have been feeling very out of shape, but I knew Deb was waiting for me, so I got my butt out of bed and I went. And I'm so glad I did.

Apparently, I am not as out of shape as I feared and I also need to remember the feeling that i have right now, the good feeling. This feeling will stay with me if I stay with it. 

It was a combo of intense strength training and cardio spurts. The biggest complaint. Why do they call that move "burpees" Because you are going to burp up your insides after you do a set of them?? They are honestly heinous. And because of this, probably something I should do more often. 

There were women of all sizes there, oddly enough no men, other that the trainers from they gym. Perhaps because men don't feel that boot camps are manly enough. And don't get me started on the argument I almost got into with one of the participants of the boot camp on "toning" and how low weights are right for women. Seriously?? I started to engage and then realized, why?? I will most probably never see this woman again and I don't even care what she has to say about this topic. So I put on my plastic smile, nodded my head and said oh yes, of course. BAER

I also may have found a drink to use to take my greens with. 10 calorie vitamin water. I'll try those next.

In other random weekend news, Happy Mother's Day to all you out there!

No comments: