About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

How I got my groove back

Well, I know I've been sounding whiny, neurotic and needy. Ugh, how annoying must I be.

Something snapped inside of me. I'm not going to be neurotic anymore about well, hell about anything. But especially about relationships. I have a pretty great boyfriend. He is going through a lot of shit. I realize this. And I'm a patient and understanding person. But I deserve the best. And I deserve to be loved.  I'm not going to sit around waiting etc.  I can't control any of it, so what will be will be. And surprisingly I have found that I really mean this. For once in my life, I have a relationship, not a deeply serious one, but still, a monogamous relationship and I'm not trying to control it. What will be will be. And to quote Forrest Gump, that's all I'm going to say about that.

Today I started a new. Well, anew again. I suppose.  I went to the therapist on Wednesday and she gave me a lot of different things to think about. I weighed today, and I didn't gain. I didn't lose but truthfully I didn't deserve to lose. So I logged everything and had a good day. Until I sat down to watch GH and opened the bag of chips. The bag of chips that aren't mine. They belong to the kids. So, I didn't eat the whole bag, but still, I didn't need to eat them at all.  I don't know why I did it.  

Again, also no pictures. I've charged the battery and need to remember to grab it and toss it in my purse.  I've go no meals ready for tomorrow.  Except for breakfast. Breakfast is the easiest one since it's usually oatmeal and a banana. Lunch will probably be a salad and dinner depends.  BUT, I've got a plan and will cook and make meals for the week.

In other random news, I need a manicure.

No comments: