About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Day Two of Running

Well, several things, but first. The gnats. Oh man, I totally forgot about those stupid little gnats that we get. Well, thankfully I was wearing big sunglasses so they didn't get into my eyes. But I did have to wipe several dead ones off of the glasses. Also, it's good incentive to properly breathe and inhale through your nose and exhale out your mouth.  Because when you inhale with your mouth who knows how many how of those stupid gnats you eat. Ew. 

The other, Torre is slowing me down. I think I almost killed her. Or gave her heat stroke. Either one. I think that I am going to have to walk/run with her around the block and then bring her home and go finish myself. Because she was out afterwards yesterday. 

The other thing that is really good about sweating up a storm is that it really gives me incentive to stay OP. I mean I just busted my ass, as I did in the morning working out and the last thing I want to do is blow it by eating some junk. That I will forget about in two seconds.

Good food, like good sex is worth the wait and effort.

No comments: