About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Saturday, August 2, 2008

feeling muscles burn

I finally got myself on the bike, and rode. Hard. 

I liked the feeling of strength that it gave me.  I liked the feel of the burn in my muscle. And it helps me to stay OP because of it. I mean, I don't want to go and put crap in my body when it feels that good.

I made a list of great things to make this weekend to eat this week. They include: multi grain pilaf, which tasted amazing, black beans, red clam sauce w/spinach to have over whole wheat pasta, braised brussel sprouts and pat's polenta to have as breakfast.

With the veg's and fruit that I bought today, who misses meat. Although, the leftover greek bulgur chicken salad does have chicken in it. But once that is done, then my eating chicken days are over.

I feel strong like a bull!! Go me.