About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My Walk with Torre

My aunt stays home with my kids during the day while I go to work. She does this with my grandparents. My aunt has had both knees replaced and really can't walk that well. She has this 45 lb wheaten terrier that is the nicest dog. But gets absolutely no exercise.  I decided that while I do a c25K the dog can do it with me. So I brought my shoes and Torre (my aunt is a Yankees fan) and I hit the road.

Forget about the exercise. The happiness on this dogs face was evident immediately.  She kept looking at me as if to say, "Really?"  It was just amazing to be able to do this for this dog.  And it really made my aunt feel good about it too.  Well, Torre, for our first outing was able to do the entire workout I had planned and by the end was exhausted. I am sure she will sleep well.

And the time flew by!!  I am now planning on doing this everyday after work, barring rain. She gets her work out and so will I.

I will still get up in the morning to do my morning workout. 

I am strong like a BULL!!

No comments: