About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Friday Night Lights

No, I didn't go to a football game. Just came home with the munchkin and had dinner


This was really good.  Shrimp fried rice that I made with some baby shrimp and a mix of broccoli slaw, snow peas and broccoli. There
s a couple of popcorn shrimp on top and that's amazing roasted cauliflower on the side. If you have never tried roasting cauliflower then I suggest you add it to your grocery list for today.  I absolutely love it. Sprinkled with some tarragon, thyme and lemon dill this time. Lemon juice and a dusting of parmesan cheese tops it off at the end of the roasting time. I used my mini oven and it toasted up quite nicely.  I wish I had more. Maybe then again not.

I watched Friday's GH and then watched a Dateline episode which freaked me out as always.  Those can be scary when you are home alone.  Ugh, I'm such a wimp sometimes.

I woke up Saturday morning to this


I'm not sure if you can see it in the background there, but it's a rainbow. It must have rained on and off throughout the night (I'm one of those dead to the world kind of sleepers so I'm not sure) but this is what I woke up to when I walked out my front door.

Today involves running some errands this morning and then potentially going to the Clemson vs Univ of Miami game later this afternoon.  I'm waiting to hear back from a friend who has an extra ticket. The cool thing is that it is in a box, so that if it rains we won't get wet.  Additionally, I'll get to bring my daughter with me since it's in the box.  She and I had plans for the afternoon but we rearranged them and would rather go to the game.

Have a great Saturday!!

No comments: