About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Heat, heat and more heat

OMG, it's been so hot lately. It's October, and while I do remember times where it was warm/humid on Halloween, I truly don't remember this horrible heat before this late in the year.

I've been feeling a restlessness. This in and of itself is nothing new. But, I've been thinking more and more of moving northward. The biggest problem is my job. I've been there for 14 years. I suppose the best scenario is one where I get a promotion in a different city and therefore can still keep my job and scratch my restlessness.

I had yesterday off which was quite nice. Not the original reason that I had the day off but the fact that we were finished by 10a and I had the rest of the day to myself. I wound up running errands and doing chores at home, but I watched a couple West Wing episodes and this, for me, is definitely a treat. I loved that show and there hasn't been a show on it since for me. There are a couple who come close, but they still lack something.

I finished The Hunger Games. I'll have an official review coming up, but needless to say, it was one of those books that I couldn't put down and needed to finish. It was that good.

In sports related news, the Dolphins won!! We beat the hated Jets. Which is my usual goal for the season. Beat the Jets and the Patriots. Well, one out of two isn't so bad.

I've been eating intuitively, or at least trying to. It's obviously working since I lost over a pound this week. Hopefully, this momentum will continue. I'm going to do it anyway. Time to get ready for work.


No comments: