About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Try, try again

I'm trying to think of a quote, something like "the difference between failure and success is one more try." I think I just made that up.  But I like it.

I'm going to try again today. And keep trying until I make it through a full day.  It's that important to me.

I have to watch the Devil Wears Prada. Apparently, according to a friend of mine at work, the Glen Close character is just like my female boss and what her expectations are.  Well, said boss is back today. Yesterday was a nice and quiet day at work. We'll see what it brings.

I like to think that I can trace my struggles with when said boss was promoted and thus got on her power kick, thus increasing my chronic stress levels, but that's just an excuse. Some kind of spell comes over me when I walk in the door at the end of the day and I need to bust out of this rut.  It's gone on long enough.  I'm sure I'd make a great case study at the local College of Psychology.  Speaking of therapy, I'm thinking of not going back. I mean, I've gained 15 pounds since I've been going, so part of me thinks, what the hell am I doing. I do, however, realize, that I've made some serious progress on the demons that I have. Although, you won't see me posting a crazy ass video on here like poor Kanye did on his website. That dude is a case study for sure.

Today will be a busy day I'm sure. I'm just sitting here enjoying the quiet before it begins with some coffee.  Breakfast will be my standard fare, a bagel at Nanny's.  Lunch will be salad with some leftover chicken on top.  I'll have a yogurt w/kashi cereal as a topping for a snack in the afternoon with my tea and then dinner will probably be mixed veggies with some lentils and rice.  My evening snack will be popcorn or a popsicle.

Definitely woke up too early. I'm tired already and I haven't even gotten dressed yet.

No comments: