About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Best Laugh I've had all week

I've been off this week. Hanging out with my mom who is down from Tally and shopping and getting the kids ready for school. There are still three weeks before it starts, ok, almost two now, but it's better to have it all done and be ready for it, don't you think.

Anyway, I'm at my grandmother's this afternoon and she tells me about the ham she made yesterday. She often forgets I don't eat meat, so she is asking me if I think it's good. She made it yesterday. I say well, of course, and then she proceeds to tell me how she didn't realize that it had two plastic coverings and the second one was air compressed on the ham. Nanny, I say, did you cook it with the plastic wrap on it. Yes, she says, it was wrapped so tight I thought it was the skin. My mother then chimes in with the, I was wondering why it wouldn't absorb the basting sauce. WTF?? Really?? Did it taste good? I ask. Well, my mother says, it was a little dry.

LMFAO!!!! My aunt and I just cracked up laughing. LOFL!! Gotta love Nanny.

No comments: