About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Keeping my fingers crossed

Well, Hurricane Season has begun. For those of you who don't live in Hurricane alley you don't and aren't thinking about it. But for those of us who do, yea, we try to avoid the thought of it. For those of us who experienced Hurricane Andrew all those years ago, we have no choice but to pay attention. Or those of my friends who live in the Carolina's, they too have to pay attention to the weather this time of year. (wow, that sentence is poorly constructed)

And as I'm watching Diane Sawyer, does she sound like she WANTS a big hurricane. Shit, I can't stand the media sometimes. Tag line underneath, "BREAKING NEWS, Hurricane Bill on the way" Uh, not yet it isn't. They don't know what it's going to do yet, it's too far out. Unfortunately and fortunately, these things can change in a matter of hours days. Let's hope that it stays out to sea.

Still not eating right. Not going to go into it much more than that, because there is nothing to tell. I.eat.like.shit. And I need to correct that.

Last but not least, today is my son's 18th birthday. I can't believe I'm the mom of an 18 year old. I have an adult child. Although, I have no misconception that he is going to magically begin acting like an adult and be responsible. Not at all.

No comments: