About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday Brunch

Why do we always have brunch on sunday? The collective we, not a specific we. It seems to me that people in general are more apt to have brunch on Sunday more so than any other day. Maybe because some of us go to church first thing, and then get out at a late breakfast/early lunch time? Or maybe because some of us like to lounge around reading the paper, drinking coffee and watching Charles Kuralt. Except that Google just told me that he died like ten years ago?? Wow, how did I miss that? They must play re-runs. Or am I thinking of some other middle aged balding journalist that is on on Sunday mornings?? Enough of that tangent.

My Saturday was relatively uneventful except for the constant torrid of rain. Although, I did get to go to the Produce Market in WPB by my aunt's house while Derek's iPod finished downloading. He graduates from some elite military training thing and we are all so proud of him. He is going to finish college and then go in as an Officer's Candidate. We (specific now) are all so proud of him. Anyway, this market is called Boy's Market. And they have a lot of great produce for mostly decent prices. Some things aren't always, but for the most part, it's definitely a great deal. I got a lot of veggies/fruit for this week, so be on the lookout for some food and meal pic's.

I'm constantly amazed by the number of elderly people who can fit within that square foot radius that they call Delray Beach.

Today I'm having brunch w/Nikki (my high school chum) on Las Olas. It's been awhile since we have gotten together so I'm looking forward to seeing her. I had not seen her respond text and I almost made plans to go to the South Beach Farmer's Market today. I wasn't sure what day I was going to do Derek's iPod so I had tentative plans for today as well. Thankfully, I got it all finished yesterday.

My eldest has a girlfriend. A very sweet girl.

So you are wondering where is the food in my blog???? I'll take pictures today. I'm going to re-start yet again today after getting on the scale and finding myself a full ten pounds up from what I was in March and a full 15 pounds more than I was when I ran the half marathon in February. I'm having coffee today and will have an egg white veggie omelet for brunch. I'll have a snack at around 3p of fruit, crackers w/hummus and then dinner tonight is going to be marinara and whole wheat pasta skillet dish. Side of broccoli and a salad.

No comments: