About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Writing on the rise

I just read a blog, BookNinja, that spoke of creative writing programs being offered on the rise. And one person commented that of course, with all the people blogging it shouldn't be a surprise that so many people are interested in writing and expressing their thoughts in written form.

But is it? I mean, do all those people taking creative writing courses really want to be published or it is another means to an end. I mean, there are about a million jobs in which expressively yourself in a written format is important. Look at the advent of email. So many people use email as an informal means of communication rather than picking up the phone. Therefore, making your writing skills more important. Or not, as the case may be with some people that I work with.

Then of course, there are all the people who blog and write that DON'T take a writing course for any number of reasons. They just seem to read a lot.

This just in, the ex bf is no longer on my friends list on FB.

No comments: