About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pseudonyms

I'm going to get all Andy Rooney on you now. Do you wonder why people write under psudonyms and then use their real number with it? I imagine, or hope, that it was because they were originally published under the pseudonym and then became famous with their real name and the original works were re-released with both names attached.

I started thinking about this when I saw a Nora Roberts book, being written under the name of JD Robb. It's a series and not a romantic one, so I assumed that she wanted to, well, she didn't want, um, yea, I can't quite figure it out. So the only thing I'm coming up with is she wrote those first and then the romantic stuff. However, I think I'm wrong about that.

I'm also sure this has been answered in some interview somewhere on the web. I'm just too lazy to google it.

I wanted to stay up tonight and have a Mad Men marathon since the third season starts next week but I'm getting quite drowsy. I'm sure once I pick up my book, I'll be out within minutes. Not that the book I'm reading isn't good, it really is. I just always fall asleep when I'm reading in bed. I suppose I'll have to DVR the first episode since I am relatively sure I won't be finished with Season 2 by then.

In other unrelated matters, I had to turn in the BMW back to my boss. My car is fixed and his family comes back tonight, so he needed the extra car back. *sigh* One of these days I'll have a luxury gas guzzler and I"ll have so much money I won't care how much I'm paying in gas or what it is doing to the environment. I figure if I'm rich enough to not give a shit about that then I'll definitely be philanthropic in other areas! Like only shopping at Whole Foods.

Ah, nothing even good on tv to fall asleep to. Off to read about London yuppies who drink too much and work too hard. Gotta love a good chick lit book.

No comments: