About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday



Yesterday morning after getting back from Wal-Mart with Jonathon's laptop we spent a very lazy Sunday morning doing nothing. Jonathon played with his new laptop and was very excited about it.




Shyanne, as you can see, isn't happy not being the center of attention. She also isn't the, "let's laze around and do nothing" type, but I was able to appease her with reading a book or two to her. I think we read an Eric Carle book. He is one of her favorite authors. I love it that my six year old has several favorite authors, that she can name. I love books and reading so much and it seems that the boys only love to read from the computer. Although they will pick up a book a time or two it seems that they just always find other things to do. Shyanne however, wants to be mini me, so there are many times that we are both sitting around with books in our laps.



I made a quick lunch before we headed out. This was some leftover chili that I had, a mix of spring greens and some cucumber. I topped it off with the shredded monteray jack and a couple of spoonfuls of this wonderfully fresh salsa I had left from my farmer's market treck last week.



Even the cat was super lazy this Sunday. I made a stop at Goodwill to drop off some stuff and wanted to go into the Goodwill store only to find that it wasn't there anymore. What the heck happened?? Well, there went one errand, so off I went to the library to drop off some books and pick some more up. Shyanne wound up with a lot more books than I and we rented Marley & Me. Jonathon had read that book and I thought for sure he would want to see the movie but he doesn't. He explained it this way, "when you read a book, you feel what you are reading. And yes it's sad, but it's in your mind. When you watch a movie, you actually see what is happening and so you feel it and see it and that makes it much sadder." Wise words from a 12 year old.




Dinner was easy. Bubble Up Pizza Casserole with some broccoli thrown in. The kids loved it. I used TVP in lieu of the ground beef. And reduced fat biscuits. You can find the recipe on Heather's site.

I ended my Sunday in typical fashion, watching Entourage. It's my Sunday night ritual. That and the Next Food Network Star show. After all day reading Jane Austen, my mind needed a little rest.

Mondays aren't that bad for me, as I have discussed previously. Right now I'm drinking coffee and then I've got to get ready for work. The kids and I have eye Dr. appointments this afternoon and then I get to come home rather than going back to work. I've marked out a pilates routine to do and a stability ball routine to do as my exercise for the day. Let's see if I get it done. I think there's some kind of self-deprecating joke in the offing here, but I'm only one cup of coffee in so I can't quite come up with it. Anything I say will sound lame.

In other completely related news. Weigh in is tomorrow. Just another reason to thoroughly hate Tuesdays.

No comments: