About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Procrastination

I'm the world's biggest procrastinator. Especially when it comes to things I just don't want to do. I roll it around in my mind and make it much bigger than what it is. Take for example cleaning the cat box. If I just DO IT it literally take 5-6 minutes. I know because I timed it. But I think about doing it for days and days. wasting a lot of mental energy, much more so than necessary. Same thing with emptying the dishwasher and putting the dishes away. Literally took 5 minutes, but I debated doing it for much longer than that.

I've read the Fly Lady website and love her idea of 15 min. Set a timer and do anything for 15 min. Using this and NOT procrastinating I was able to complete the Saturday chores by 9am.

Quite a random topic for a blog that's supposed to be about my struggles with weight. But, it does have relevance. Because I procrastinate losing weight for reasons mentioned in previous blogs. Just do it and I'd be done. With the losing part anyway. I realize that this is a lifelong journey and changing my habits is a more about changing my lifestyle than it is about the number on the scale. But either way, I'm procrastinating. When I pitter around and waste more time thinking about it and reading about it. I hate to quote Nike, but I think they got it right when they said, Just Do It.

In other random news, my word of the day is ineffectual.

No comments: