About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Halls of Justice

They are awful quiet. I got up and the butt crack of dawn as I had to serve on Jury Duty today. Considering I haven't been called in ten years, I suppose I shouldn't complain. However, 730a is awful early to be downtown when I live on the eastern edge of the Everglades.

Needless to say, the little ones stayed at Nanny's so I wouldn't have to fuss with them in the early morning light. I got myself to courthouse on time, I know this must shock those of you who know me. But there area few things that I will be on time for. My job, well, duh, because they pay me and I have rather become attached to electricity and having a roof over my head. And anything having to do with the legal system. I have respect for this system of ours, no matter how flawed it is and no matter how crooked some people are, I still will always have respect for the process, our country and all that this entails.

So, this means doing my civic duty and not trying to shirk it whenever possible. A bowl of cereal at the ungodly hour of 630am was my breakfast, with some soy milk and coffee. Not my regular dose of coffee either which means, I was yawning by 10am. I also was hungry by then, but since I had no cash on me I couldn't buy anything from the cafeteria. They dismissed us for lunch at like 1120a and I went across the street to this cute little organic cage. It's run by two Russian women and a really high strung man. The Russians ladies paid him no attention though as they made my hummus and feta sandwich on panini bread with tomatoes, onions, romaine lettuce, spinach, cucumbers and carrots. This served with home made potato chips. Which were really homemade, peeled right here in this little place. Of course, I had them all.

Oh, and how could I have forgotten. I'm down another pound. That makes three weeks in a row. When I'm doing nothing other than some intermittent exercise and eating when hungry and stopping when not. Some, ok, ok, a lot of the things I am eating aren't exactly on the top ten superfood list, and to be honest I've gone occasionally past the satisfied marker. But I'm still losing. This gives me yet more motivation to keep on keeping on. That and I'd like to have hot sex with a certain someone but won't until I feel a little better about myself. Oh, don't get me wrong, and save me the "he should like you the way you are" speech, because I don't give a shit about what he thinks. I want to swing from chandeliers and the only way I can do that is if I feel better about my body.

Yes, I realize that I'm doing it backwards and doing it for the wrong reasons, as my therapist sagely pointed out yesterday, but whatever. I'm working on what I can do. And this is something I can do. So I will.

Did I mention I ran yesterday? I thoroughly enjoyed it as well. I always forget how running just to run makes me feel. Like it doesn't matter what my time is, how how many miles I go. It's just so mind soothing to get out there and go.

What do you like to do that clears you mind and centers you?

No comments: