About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Double Dipping a bad idea

For chips and dip
for bikini waxing

this was on the news today. They did a segment about the "dangers" of bikini waxing.

Tales from the scale. I'm up again. I took a picture of myself in my skivvies and am really determined to do this. It was mentioned to me yesterday that maybe I'm ok with myself at this weight. I think what's happened is that I'm ok with me. Whether I'm this weight or not. I'm ok with who I am. Finally, for the first time in 40 years. This doesn't make me happy about my weight though, this just means that I don't hate myself because of it.

It's Tuesday. Which means I get to start again. It's going to be a good week, I can feel it. I've got a low key day planned, work and I've planned out my meals for the day. I'll do the 30 Day Shred when I get home. Breakfast is cereal w/fruit. I seriously cannot wait until I finish this cereal. I know that it doesn't fill me up but I'm trying to spend as little as possible at the grocery store. I spent $77 this past weekend and it was mostly stuff for the kids, and Anthony for the week. Lunch is leftover Shrimp Feta over Brown Rice Stix. I love these things. They are like 50 calories per serving. And it's a significant serving too. Super easy to make and cook. I found them in the rice/grain aisle at Whole Foods. I'll take a picture next time as I'll be headed to Whole Foods this weekend.

Dinner is going to be rice and red beans congri. I'll have to figure out something to go along with it, but I have some veggie burgers that I can along with it on a thin. Ooh, I also have roasted corn and tomato salad which was really, really good. This was easy, diced a fresh tomato, roasted a couple of ears of corn on the grill. Mix together and spritz w/some balsamic vinaigrette.

I've also stayed true to my no book purchases until I've read 5. That 5 doesn't include the books that I've borrowed from April. However, I'm almost done with Steve Harvey's Act Like a Lady, Think like a Man so that brings me to 3. Two more and I can justify the books I bought the other weekend. It was a book purchase loan. LOL


I guess I should post the shrimp recipe but I've got to get ready for work. I'll do it tonight. Have a great day everyone.

No comments: