About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wacky Wednesday


Ok, it wasn't. But I couldn't think of anything witty and clever to write. My breakfast. It was pretty good, but I discovered that yet again, cereal does not fill me up. However, I think I may have discovered (ok, discovered for me) one of the best flavor combinations ever to pass by my taste buds. Blueberry and banana. Wow, it was seriously a party in my mouth. The banana looked spotted but it was ok inside. Hope my grandfather went and bought some more though, because I'm sure that by tomorrow they will be too brown to eat. I don't like them all that ripe.

I've started checking my hunger on the hour and I wasn't hungry until 1130. Which was crazy since I ate breakfast at 9a. Seriously, cereal, while I like it, does not keep me satisfied. BUT, I have a whole box of it at home and I refuse to eat anything else for breakfast until I finish it.

At 12:15, yes, somehow I managed to hold off until then I had the plate below. It's Day 5 of month end and that is when the department orders lunch in. It was from Panera so I had the salad below as well as a piece of their bread. I love their bread, so I couldn't resist. I counted it.
I also had a piece of quiche that was camera shy. It was crustless and I had a bunch of veggies in it.












I was hungry at 3p and I got busy at work so before you knew it it was 4pm. Yea!! I managed to make it to snack time. I know I've said that I'm going to eat when hungry and stop when I'm full but I really really think my hunger meter is not working properly so I really make myself wait until a minimum of three hours. Four is preferable, however, I'll take what I can get. This is Day three of me being OP. Yea, imagine that. So my snack was yogurt w/blueberries










this was so good. I had a cracker too when I went to pick up the kids. Which is ok.









I just rode the bike for 3 minutes. Now I'm off to eat dinner, whole wheat pasta w/broccoli and a ricotta sauce w/grilled tilapia.

I'll leave you with this. I was reading a magazine at lunch and there was a study done that shows that women who binge drink have a greater risk of getting an STD. Are you fucking kidding me? They could have paid me to conduct that study and I could have told them that. This wins the Captain Obvious statement of the day. And here's another clue, it isn't the extra alcohol that gives the an STD, it's the drunk sex that they have with random people they pick up in a bar. THAT's what puts them at a greater risk. DOH!


No comments: