About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Family Reunion

I leave today to go to Orlando. Our annual Teems Family Reunion is this Saturday in Daytona Beach. We'll stay at Debbie's (my sisters house) and just drive over for the day.

I'm excited because I get to see all of my family. Down here I have my grandparents, my Aunt, my uncle and aunt and their kids. But their kids are away at school and one of them is moving to Boston over the summer. So, it's a small portion of my family.  My eldest sister and I have become much closer since the death of our sister Kim. Kim, as I've mentioned was the bridge between us, and now we have just each other. I have a younger brother, but we aren't close at all.

Anyway, we are all leaving after the younger two get out of school, it's the last day. I refuse to let food be an issue. I had a gain this week and I will not have another gain next week. If anything, I'm determined to have a loss. So, I packed my work out clothes so I can get in some walks/runs with whoever wants to go with me and plan on making good food choices regardless.

Breakfast and lunch are going to be clean out the fridge meals.  I'll post pictures later. Breakfast is a fruit bowl of the last of the watermelon and cantaloupe and yogurt w/some oatmeal squares mixed in. I weighed out the cereal. wow, does using a scale make a HUGE difference. 

Lunch is whatever concoction I throw together from there as well. Probably leftover chili and quinoa w/ some veggies tossed in.

My snack will be a latte on the road. And who knows what dinner will hold. I'm playing it by ear because DBF is up there for business and we discussed getting together. Although, that meant me going to see him vs. him coming to my sisters house. Where all of my family is. Which he didn't sound thrilled about. I guess I can't blame him.

Food pictures to come. Shit, look at the time, I gotta go get dressed!

No comments: