About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

My parent's have been here all week as my Dad had some business in the Key's to take care of. So, my apt. is a disaster because whenever they are here, my mom expects me to be at my grandmother's house during the waking hours. Which, you know what, is just fine. I'm realizing the older I get, how blessed I am to have my parents alive and healthy and around. And honestly, I wish every day that I had spent more time with my sister and now it's too late. I want to be able to not have that regret.

I realize that this is supposed to be a food blog, but I didn't take pictures yesterday since my camera died. I am charging it today and hope to have some pictures today.

Breakfast today is starting out with pineapple because it's on the verge (several pieces tossed already) and coffee. Yea, not exactly balanced, I realize that but I'm not thinking too much about balanced today.

I've also made some decisions about certain things in my life and the relief that I felt once I made the difficult decision was rather surprising. I honestly am sad about it, but sometimes in order to move forward you have to close off some things that while initially may hurt, in the end are actually better for everyone involved. I could write several cliches now but I'll spare you the nausea. I really feel good about myself and know what I do and don't want and don't feel like I need to tolerate anything that causes me the slightest bit of anxiety. I deserve better. I demand better and I won't apologize for feeling that way.

In other random news, I'm decorating the boys room and have decided that I do like IKEA after all. If for nothing else than there wonderful ideas on how to maximize and decorate small spaces. I'm going to embrace my inner DIYer.

No comments: