About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

This weight loss blog I listen to

It's called Inside Out Weight Loss and she focuses on the mental and internal aspect of being able to not just lose the weight but keep it off. Because, let's be honest, I know how to lose weight. I just don't know how to keep it off.

Anyway, the last podcast she mentioned that we can have towards and away motivation. Away is negative motivation. I want to lose weight so I can fit into these pants. With away motivation, we tend to get to the goal and then we stall and falter. When the reality is that we may want and have bigger goals. Her point and I agree, is that away motivation isn't a bad thing, but shouldn't be the only kinds of motivation we have. So we should also have a toward (positive) motivation. To have more energy, to be healthier, etc. She gave the example of how to turn a negative goal into a positive statement. Instead of saying I don't want to binge eat, how about I want to eat three meals a day. Rather than I don't want pain in my neck, I want to be flexible and energetic.

She gives homework and the homework this week was for us to pick our dream for ourselves. It doesn't have to be realistic. So often we get told to keep our goals realistic so that we don't get overwhelmed and can actually visualize obtaining these goals. But this time, she says, pick your dream for your weight loss/fitness/health goal. So mine, is to feel free and comfortable naked. Also to be able to be in a bathing suit at the beach or pool with the kids and feel completely comfortable about the way I look. To be fit and muscular. Will I still have a bootie and a pooch in my belly. Yes, in my dream, I visualize myself a little with that, but I'm good with the way I look.

What's your dream for yourself?

I've decided to create a little routine for myself as well. Friday night and Saturday are going to be chore day. Friday night will just consist of laundry and vegging, but after my run on Saturday morning, it's chores time. Until 5pm, when I stop, regardless of what I have left to do and start on dinner. Then it's dinner and a movie night, or game night, or whatever the kids want to do. It's our special time together. I realize that if I ever have a date again on a Saturday night that I may have to alter our Family time, but really, there are a lot of other nights that I can go out on a date. These kids, this is the only time I'm going to get to enjoy them being the age that they are, so, I'm loathe to change my plans for anyone. They get to be the priority now. Anyway, I'm going to have a bowl of cereal w/strawberry's for breakfast and a piece of my broccoli crustless quiche. It came out so good. Yum.

I'm not really sure what I'll wind up having for lunch since it'll be smack in the dab middle of chore time but I'm sure I'll stop and have something that will involve using up what I have in the fridge. Dinner will involve me attempting once again to grill a piece of chicken without turning it into shoe leather. For the kids. My dinner will consist of fish and veggie packets on the grill.

Off I go to clean the bathrooms first. My most hated chore, so I tend to do it first to get it done and out of the way.

What's your most hated chore??

No comments: