About Me

My photo
About me, always hard to put into words a description about myself. We always see ourselves differently than others do. My likes: I love sports, all kinds. Especially NASCAR and baseball. Yea, strange I know, a bleeding heart liberal who likes NASCAR and country music. But here I am. I also am profoundly proud of the relationship that I have with my children and my family. They made me who I am today. Pink is my favorite color. I like all kinds of music, except perhaps rap. I am a rabid NPR listener and love my doggie. I work full time, am a semi-vegetarian, a voracious reader and a wanna be writer. Doing all that I do in the beautiful South Florida sunshine.

Friday, June 12, 2009

TGIF!!

Well, yesterday was weigh in. I lost .6 pounds. I take that with a grain of salt because I really didn't do anything other than consistently exercise to deserve that small loss. But, I'll take it.

And I got off to a great start. Had a great breakfast and lunch, and then someone brought in these bread things from Don Pan. And what did I do? I ate two of them. Ugh. WTF??? I didn't need it. Whatever, I restarted my week, probably part of the problem and I counted it. I am determined to stay OP until Thursday and weigh in. I want this. I do. I have to make myself feel more comfortable being OP than not.

I also started a new exercise in an attempt to stop the self deprecation and destruction that I constantly do to myself. I gave that inner voice a name. Her name is Lois and she's a bitch. Because she is mean to me. Then I wrote down every time she talked shit to me. Well, Lois, I get to tell you to shut the fuck up. And I did, a couple of times. The last step in the exercise is every time Lois says something critical or negative then Rita is supposed to say something positive. Yesterday's, yea, you guys will love this.

I had a date with my boyfriend. We haven't seen each other in two weeks due to his travel and my travel. So, I had been hoping to have lost some noticeable weight and hadn't. Of course, Lois starts telling me that the reason he wants to slow things down must be because of the 4 pounds I've gained since he and I have gotten together. Yes, that's all I've gained 4 pounds. For me, that is a lot of weight. To another person, I guarantee that they cannot notice it. And besides, I told Lois, he's seen me naked before. It isn't like he is going to look and me and say, oh wait, I didn't realize you were fat, no never mind. Um, like my friend told me, I don't think that's going to be an issue. Because he's seen me naked already, and oh yea, he actually cares me me, regardless of my fat roll.

Well, we did have a very nice evening. We went to my favorite sushi place, the hint hint on my FB status apparently worked. I counted the meal and didn't binge eat at night. Well, other than the stupid WW cookie I ate when I got home. At midnight. WTF??

Anyway, I've made a list of things to do rather than eat based on someone's post from the WW boards. I have actually gotten a lot of ideas from there to try and deal with the night time eating. Because I am very aware of not being hungry when I'm doing it.

And as I'm listening to the news while writing this here are a list of things I don't give a shit about:

Miss California getting fired
The Jonas Brothers in Central Park
Adam Lambert's sexual orientation


oh crap, look at the time. I've got to get going. Pictures later, maybe.

No comments: